Skip to main content

tv   Special Report With Bret Baier  FOX News  January 24, 2020 3:00pm-4:00pm PST

3:00 pm
very sweet. >> juan: say something negative, greg. i dare you. that's it for us. have a great weekend, everybody, and see you back here on monday for "the five." >> bret: good evening and welcome to washington, i'm bret baier. breaking tonight, democrats on the clock in their impeachment presentation entering the home stretch tonight. the 24-hour window closing rapidly as you look alive at the senate floor. saturday, the president's defense team takes over, a weekend they say is a disadvantage. today marked a high-profile appearance for the president, making history by personally attending the march for life in washington. we have fox team coverage, mike emanuel on capitol hill tells us where thing stands on the impeachment trial which will dive into a little bit on the show. the begin with john roberts
3:01 pm
>> a member of the president's legal team gave a background briefing in which this person asked for a short session tomorrow in the senate trial as they opened up their rebuttal arguments in favor of the president. the bulk of their arguments on monday when many were people will be polluting into the television coverage of it. the members of the legal team saying they are planning an effective rebuttal of what the democrats have been saying all week. as the president's legal team prepares to open his rebuttal tomorrow morning, president trump this morning complaining about the time slot, tweeting, after having been treated unbelievably unfairly in the house and having to endure hour after hour of lies, fraud, and deception by shifty schiff, crying chuck schumer and their crew, looks like my lawyers will have to be start saturday which is called death valley in tv. addressing the annual march for life, first president ever to do
3:02 pm
so, president trump today didn't speak directly to impeachment but insisted democrats want him out of office because he supports issues like a ban on late-term abortion and causes like the march for life. >> they are coming after me because i am fighting for you and we are fighting for those who have no voice and we will win because we know how to win. >> president trump also responding today from a report from abc that he had an intimate dinner with former giuliani associate lev parnas and igor fruman that was recorded. during the conversation, the president was informed that former ambassador to ukraine where jovanovich was being critical of him. according to the report, president trump, get rid of her. i don't care. take her out, okay? do it. in an exclusive interview to air on the "the ingraham angle," the
3:03 pm
president was asked about it. >> you have a statement on it. >> i wouldn't be saying that. it was rudy there are somebody, but i make no bones about it. i have every right. i want every ambassadors chosen by me. i have a right to hire and fire ambassadors. >> a source familiar that when taken in context with the overall conversation, it's clear the president was not being serious about firing jovanovic served another 14 months before being recalled. but as lev parnas in a small dinner with president trump, it would appear to contradict about the president saying not knowing him. >> i don't know about, know nothing about him. >> his attorney is saying that he hopes that recording now that its existence has been confirmed would be released to congress for examination. he also says it's an important revelation and it addressed
3:04 pm
claims that speed 20 parnas about president trump and what was going on ukraine. the legal team's afternoon said this afternoon that he does not think this recording and the newly confirmed existence of it will have any bearing on the senate trial. bret? >> bret: secretary of state mike pompeo got in an intense exchange with npr. >> she presses him several times about ambassador jovanovic after the interview was over, she was called back into secretary pompeo's private living room where he proceeded to berate her for a number of minutes. said that no one cares about ukraine, can even pointed out in a map. brought out a map, apparently
3:05 pm
did point out ukraine. i'm told by demonstration officials that conversation is supposed to be off the record but kelly violated the terms of the conversation. but neither either side happy about what happened today during the interview. >> bret: john roberts live on the north lawn. john, thanks. house impeachment manager is pressing the case tonight, their final night of making these opening arguments. this now on the obstruction of congress charge. chief congressional correspondent mike emanuel has the highlights. >> give them the wisdom to distinguish between facts and opinions. >> prayer for the senate chaplain. congressman hakeem jeffries because president trump's actions an attack on america. >> there is a toxic mess at 1600 pennsylvania avenue. it's our collective job on
3:06 pm
behalf of the american people to try and clean it up. >> congresswoman val demings let off on the second article, obstruction of congress. >> if we allow him, we'll inflict lasting damage on the separation of powers among our branches of government. >> congresswoman sylvia garcia said president trump blocked more than the 70 document requests and use the power of his office to shut down house committees. >> the president used the authority of his office to wage a misleading public campaign to attack the impingement inquiry. >> lead impeachment manager adam schiff said president trump sold out the culture for his personal benefit. >> i hope it was worth it for the president. because it was not worth it for the united states. >> this senate minority leader
3:07 pm
gave the team high marks. >> they set a hard bar for the president's council to meet. they played out a series of fax. >> the president's some say they are ready to hear the other side. >> what you'll hear from them is information that is compelling and complete, that is totally exonerating the president. >> texas senator ted cruz said he met with the legal team last night and advised them to focus on the substance. >> focus on making the case on the merits and laying out the factual reasons for the president's innocence. the president is innocent of these charges, the senate is going to acquit him invite of not guilty and the reason for that, they house managers have not met the constitutional standard. >> they didn't expect the president's legal team to use all 24 hours allotted to them but they'll get started tomorrow before the sunday shows and mount a defense in greater detail on monday.
3:08 pm
bret? >> bret: thank you. and tonight's democracy 2020 report, senators running for the presidential nomination serving as jurors in the impeachment trial stuck there, joe biden is running a hard and the first two voting states. also tonight, one of the senators being called out for one of his or the campaign promises. >> senator elizabeth warren trying not to let this viral note moment. over her plan to forgive student loan debt. >> my daughter paid her loan debt by saving all her money. am i going to get the money back? you are going to pay for people who didn't save any money and those of us who did the right thing? >> in an interview with cbs, warren explained.
3:09 pm
>> what i'm saying is there was a $50 a semester option for me. i was able to go to college and become a public school teacher because america had invested in a $50 a semester option for me. today, that's not available. >> warren, along with senators bernie sanders, amy klobuchar, and michael bennet are at a disadvantage, confined to the senate chamber while their 2020 senators campaign. sanders relying on cognitive and alexandria ocasio-cortez were a rally in iowa tonight after hillary clinton renewed allegations of sexism within his campaign and bays, sidestep and showed and add with long-standing support with women. surrogates are carrying klobuchar's campaign, water and
3:10 pm
is on celebrities to share her message. >> it's the right thing to do. >> former vice president joe biden not wasting the spotlight holding you events in new hampshire after stops in iowa rounding out releasing a foreign policy planted an op-ed to dismantle president trump's doctrine. >> make no mistake, this anti-muslim bias is not only morally wrong, it's like putting up a great big recruiting banner for terrorists. >> with the impeachment trial continuing over the weekend, senators hold up on capitol hill may be losing even more ground. senator elizabeth warren announced she's canceling an event in iowa tomorrow. bret? >> bret: thank you. we'll be out there in one week. a chicago woman has become the second u.s. patient diagnosed with a newman noni like vibe nice doughnut
3:11 pm
a few days later, she called her doctor to report feeling sick. says that three cases have been confirmed there, the first ones in europe. chinese officials have shut part of the great wall and suspended public expectation in ten cities in china. strands millions of people at the start of the lunar new year holiday. the death toll in china has now risen to 26 with 800 infected. the pentagon is updating its injury count from the iranian missile attack against u.s. troops earlier this month. correspondent trey yingst shows us from our middle east newsro newsroom. >> a sea of red black and white fills the streets of baghdad as crowds chant, "no, no, america."
3:12 pm
demanding american forces leave their country. the event was organized by a top muslim cleric who is backed by iran and encouraging the iraqi people to resist the government's close ties with the united states. >> from here, we are asking america to leave peacefully. through parliament and political efforts. but the last option will be military resistance. americo will be out with boris. >> antigovernment demonstrations have erupted for months with people speaking out against all foreign influence, including iran. today, the focus was largely on america. there are more than 5,000 american troops in iraq helping in the fight against isis. those forces were operating normally until tensions with the united states peaked earlier this month after president trump ordered a drone strike that killed iraqi general qassem soleimani.
3:13 pm
today, the pentagon announced that 34 u.s. service members were injured in that attack. most of the injuries were either concussions or germanic brain injuries. by the updated count raised new questions about when the trump and administration found out the information. >> the information did not come out until they were taking out to germany for treatment and that's when the secretary was made aware. >> have have returned to duty in iraq while 17 were flown to germany or the united states for further treatment. bret? >> bret: thank you. president trump has unveiled a new logo for the space force that came during a tweet this afternoon after consultation with our great military leaders, he tweeted, designers and others, i'm pleased to present the new logo for the united states space force, the sixth branch of our magnificent military. as we had to break, let's listen back in the capitol hill.
3:14 pm
representative hakeem jeffries from new york, one of the house managers making a case on the second article of obstructing congress. we will head to break and bring you more news on the other side. >> weary of intruding on matters of impeachment. this of course leaves room for interbranch negotiations. but it does not allow the president to engage in blanket defiance. president trump's objections are not genuinely rooted in the law. they are not good-faith legal arguments. we know that because president trump said early on he would fight all subpoenas. we know that because he declared the impeachment inquiry illegitimate before he even adopted any procedures. we know that because he has denounced every single effort to investigate him as a witch hunt.
3:15 pm
and we know that because he never even claimed executive privilege. during the entire impeachment proceedings. president trump's first excuse for obstructing justice is a certain belief that he did nothing wrong. that is july 25th call with president zelensky was "perfect." in the october 8th letter sent by his counsel, president trump asserted the prerogative to defy all house subpoenas because he has declared his own innocence. as mr. su at president trump's behest, the president did nothing wrong. there is no basis for an impeachment inquiry. he had the white house counsel include this in a formal letter to the house. defying every single subpoena.
3:16 pm
we have shown in our discussion on the first article of impeachment committee's claims of innocence are baseless. they lack merit. we provide overwhelming eviden evidence.
3:17 pm
my hands are everything to me. but i was diagnosed with dupuytren's contracture. and it got to the point where things i took for granted got tougher to do. thought surgery was my only option. turns out i was wrong. so when a hand specialist told me about nonsurgical treatments, it was a total game changer. like you, my hands have a lot more to do. learn more at factsonhand.com today.
3:18 pm
like you, my hands have a lot more to do. oh no, here comes gthe neighbor probably to brag about how amazing his xfinity customer service is. i'm mike, i'm so busy.
3:19 pm
good thing xfinity has two-hour appointment windows. they have night and weekend appointments too. he's here. bill? karolyn? nope! no, just a couple of rocks. download the my account app to manage your appointments making today's xfinity customer service simple, easy, awesome. i'll pass.
3:20 pm
>> bret: new orleans saints keeping the public showing team executives doing damage control for the area's roman catholic archdiocese. attorneys for about 2,000 men suing the church saying the saints personnel help the archdiocese contain the fallout from a burgeoning sexual abuse crisis. the saints' attorneys call the claims outrageous. supporters of president trump lodge you that the most pro-life president in history, critics calling the appearance and act of desperation in the midst of the impeachment trial. correspondent kristin fisher shows us the day's events here in washington. >> it's my profound honor to be the first president in history to attend the march for life.
3:21 pm
>> finally a part of the president of united states to step up and change and speak, watershed moment for the pro-life movement. >> a simple reason, to defend the right of a child born and unborn. >> in the middle of impeachment trial, a desperate attempt and firing up his radical base. these march for lifers his presence here today is genuine and his record proves it. >> he showing christians that he cares. fighting for babies lives. he's really making a difference whether people see it or not. >> after president trump's remarks on the national lawn, tens of thousands of people marched down the constitution avenue, on their way up to the steps of the supreme court. in just six weeks, the high court will hear its first major abortion case with the addition
3:22 pm
of justices neil gorsuch and brett kavanaugh. >> that would be the ultimate goal. >> to get roe v. wade overturned? >> the trump administration pushed its pro-life agenda in california unless he stopped requiring private insurers for >> the left is working to erase our god-given rights, arrays faith-based charities, and silence americans who believe in the sanctity of life. >> in washington, kristin fisher, fox news. >> the dow lost 170 today. the s&p 500 fell. the dowel dropped 1 the nasdaq lost three quarters. up next, the inside story on the president's immigration defense strategy. we'll take you live to the floor again. here's what some of our fox news affiliates around the country covering tonight.
3:23 pm
fox 26 in houston were at least two people are dead after a massive explosion at an industrial company. the police chief there says authorities do not believe this morning's glass was intentional, that one criminal investigation is underway. searching for any debris including body parts and to contact police if they can find anything to aid in the investigation. fox news and services go as 100,000 gallons of red wine spills from a tank at a vineyard in simona county eventually leaking into the russian river. it went into a sewer system in the property to a drainage ditch that feeds a creek and eventually to the russian river. affecting water quality in the 110-mile tributary emma flowing the pacific ocean. and this is a live look from las vegas from our affiliate out there, fox 5. a new marketing slogan for that city, what happens in vegas stays in vegas, is being
3:24 pm
changed. the first part will remain, but the las vegas convection of visitors authority says the "stays in vegas" part will be dropped. the new slogan will be revealed sunday. that's tonight live look outside the beltway from specia "special report." we'll be right back. we made usaa insurance for members like martin.
3:25 pm
3:26 pm
an air force veteran made of doing what's right, not what's easy. so when a hailstorm hit, usaa reached out before he could even inspect the damage. that's how you do it right. usaa insurance is made just the way martin's family needs it -
3:27 pm
with hassle-free claims, he got paid before his neighbor even got started. because doing right by our members, that's what's right. usaa. what you're made of, we're made for. usaa ♪ ♪ country roads, take me home there's a booking for every resolution. book yours at any price, at booking.com book yours at any price, i don't make compromises. i want nutrition made just for me. but i also want great taste. so i drink boost for women. new boost women with key nutrients to help support thyroid, bone, hair and skin health. all with great taste. new boost women. >> bret: democrat house managers in the final hours of their presentation in the senate impeachment trial on the senate
3:28 pm
floor. hakeem jeffries talking now. tomorrow, tonight correspondent chad program, course chad pergram with insight. what do we know about the president's lawyers contrasting the argument with those from the democrats? >> they'll try to refute some of the democratic points made the last three years here. going to be in session tomorrow starting 10:00 till about 1:00. an abbreviated session here with jay sekulow, one of the president's attorneys indicated that this was like a coming attraction, kind of like a movie trailer here. when you talk to some of the republican senators, they think democratic arguments the past couple of days have been repetitive. lindsey graham says he has seen the same piece of videotape seven times. here's were publicly louisiana senator john kenner. >> not a criticism. it's directed both sides. old expression.
3:29 pm
very few souls are saved after the first 20 minute of a sermon. >> there is a balancing act here. the attorneys may not want to go as long as the democrats but there is an audience of one in this, that president of the united states. also from the senate floor, best piece of news is the restock candy desk, this is a desk for senator pat toomey, republican of pennsylvania. her she sent 700 pounds of chocolate to the capital today during these lengthy debates to get a sugar fix. >> bret: where do we go with recalling witnesses? >> we won't get to the question until the end of next week but jay sekulow believe the democrats open the door. it'll come down to the math, 51 votes, any witness, the capital,
3:30 pm
bret, will absolutely explode. the democrats do not get some of the when it says, bolton, mike pompeo, or the acting chief of staff mick mulvaney. >> bret: impeachment trial continuing right now, house managers pressing their case for the second article, obstruction of justice. the defense begins tomorrow. we will learn to what degree the president's team will bring up information about former vice president joe biden's influence in the business dealings of his son hunter, a key figure in that case. i talked to an author about that investigation yesterday. more on that in a moment, but here is what republican leaders are saying on th the hill aboute possibilities. >> when it came to president trump's insistence that somebody look at what happened with the bidens and ukraine, i think he's right. i think somebody should.
3:31 pm
if you spend any time looking at the public record, this is not right. i say this is not right. and i say this about a good friend. >> bret: author of the new book, thanks for being here. congrats on the book. i read through it. you devote a good portion of this book, 70 pages or so, joe biden and his family. what do you say, is is pretty well exhausted, at least some of the family was part of the impeachment trial but saw it currently. >> i've been seeing this for a long time, republicans and democrats but i never seen democrats with five members, it's important to understand that. >> people follow dealings, but you talk about other members of the family.
3:32 pm
>> a business effectively launched in the oval office. joe biden give private briefings to investors and partners in this company. the son-in-law was one of the principles involved, talking about a few of his brothers that had deals, one involving federal contracts in the united states for a construction company. he had no background in construction. another brother doing deals overseas. it's a systematic pattern of corruption and i think people need to be aware of it. >> bret: when the biden people or any supporters hear this, they say, there is no specific wrongdoing by joe biden. what do you say? >> it may not be illegal, but it certainly corrupt. the point is joe biden granted access and by the nature of his power created opportunities. if you look at the hunter biden case in particular, the timing here is key. could've been hired by the ukrainians any time, he was hired in the spring of 2014.
3:33 pm
february of 2014, putin moves into crimea, barack obama appoints joe biden as point person in your. in 2-3 weeks, hunter biden has been identified by the ukrainians and put to the payroll of the tune of about a million dollars per year. joe biden could have said as politicians do in washington, d.c., to his family, look, i don't want you doing these kind of deals. he's obviously never said that because they still have access in the deal is taking place. >> bret: kate bedingfield with the biden campaign as you wrote this op-ed to "the new york times" came out and said in her words, malicious claims about the biden family. the bush back, the relatives are hardly the first people to use this name to bolster their livelihoods, i guess, and while it's swampy, what do you take away from it and is it a problem right now for joe biden the candidate. >> a great question. i think it's one of those things
3:34 pm
that have become acceptable in washington, d.c., but outside the beltway people are still very frustrated and angered about it. i do not think this is a case of having a name that's helping you. everybody knows that if your last name is buscher biden, you'll have certain inherent advantages. what we are talking about our political families that are making money once they achieve political power. that's the key difference. if you achieve political power and your family becomes wealthy because of your public service, i think people at least out of washington, d.c., are still outraged by that and should be. >> bret: heard your stuff for years and notice you go down into the weeds, get the actual documents. it's not, like, made up stuff or a supposition, but some of your critics say it's opposition research. how do you respond to that? >> is not opposition research. we focus on one thing: follow the money. this is not about personal problems or substance abuse, this is about follow the money.
3:35 pm
if you look at my track record, i've gone after republicans and democrats. the reason i focus in this book, i talk about it, on these progressives, i think we have in american media today what i call the trump vortex. it sucks in everything and there have been massive coverage of trump and what are seen as scandals or perceived as scandals. that's a good thing for the problem is some of the reporting is good, some of the reporting is bad, but it blocks out everything. my point is trump needs to be scrutinized, but so to those people who are aspiring to his office that have other positions of responsibility. >> bret: they are eight politicians, all democrats obviously. you spend a lot of time on the bidens. do you think that's the most egregious of the things you've found? >> i think it's hard to say. it's certainly the most systematic because joe biden has been there the longest. i think there are a lot of things about elizabeth warren that was troubling, how she was a government consulted in the
3:36 pm
1990s rewriting bankruptcy laws and in a typical washington move, she took that position and cashed in. basically went to corporations and said, i will consult for you and advise you in how to use the law that i wrote to your maximum advantage. there were others. >> bret: it's an interesting read. the book is "profiles in corruption." thanks for the time. as we head to break, resented if hakeem jeffries wrapping up the case before dinner break on the senate floor. you can watch all of this live nonstop nonstop streaming on foxnews.com. we will head to break. the panel after this. >> could've cross-examined the intel committees' counsel during his presentation of evidence before the house judiciary committee. that would've function. the equivalent opportunity of affording president clinton to have his counsel cross-examined kenneth starr.
3:37 pm
which he did at length. president trump must provide a level of transparency in the opportunity to produce pay consistent with the highest standards of due process given to other presidents who found themselves in the midst of an impeachment inquiry. the president, and am winding down, the president's next procedural complaint is that it was unconstitutional to exclude agency counsel from participating in congressional depositions. the basis for the rule, excluding... there's brushing and there's oral-b power brushing. oral-b just cleans better. it's the one inspired by dentists... with the round brush head.
3:38 pm
oral-b's gentle rounded brush head removes more plaque along the gumline... for cleaner teeth and healthier gums. oral-b. brush like a pro.
3:39 pm
3:40 pm
you get the freedom of what a 7-day return policy. this isn't some dealership test drive around the block. it's better. this is seven days to put your carvana car to the test and see if it fits your life. load it up with a week's worth of groceries. take the kiddos out for ice cream. check that it has enough wiggle room in your garage. you get the time to make sure you love it. and on the 6th day, we'll reach out and make sure everything's amazing. if so... excellent. if not, swap it out for another or return it for a refund. it's that simple. because at carvana, your car happiness is what makes us happy. my body is truly powerful. i have the power to lower my blood sugar and a1c. because i can still make my own insulin. and trulicity activates my body to release it like it's supposed to. trulicity is for people with type 2 diabetes. it's not insulin. i take it once a week. it starts acting in my body from the first dose. trulicity isn't for people with type 1 diabetes
3:41 pm
or diabetic ketoacidosis. don't take trulicity if you're allergic to it, you or your family have medullary thyroid cancer, or have multiple endocrine neoplasia syndrome type 2. stop trulicity and call your doctor right away if you have an allergic reaction, a lump or swelling in your neck, or severe stomach pain. serious side effects may include pancreatitis. taking trulicity with a sulfonylurea or insulin increases low blood sugar risk. side effects include nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, belly pain, and decreased appetite, which lead to dehydration and may worsen kidney problems. i have it within me to lower my a1c. ask your doctor about trulicity. >> president trump tried to cheat. he got caught. and then he worked hard to cover it up. >> i've heard nothing in the
3:42 pm
last four days that has altered my opinion an iota. >> president trump's willingness to entangle our foreign allies in a corrupt political air and also undermined the credit abilities of americans for the rule of law and fight corruption abroad. >> they are coming after me because i'm fighting for you and we are fighting for those who have no voice. >> bret: the trial continuing, president trump at the march for life today, first person to appear in person. new polls out, "the washington post" abc poll should president trump be removed from office, the breakdown, should not. president rob's approval hovering around where it was october in 2018, but all of them also the same, higher on the president's handling on the
3:43 pm
economy, the latest poll from "washington post" abc, approve, disapprove mollie hemingway, senior editor at the federalist, and michael kraut, "new york times." where are we on impeachment, where is it sinking in? we've been talking about this book on book on witnesses which is likely going to come next week after the white house makes its case. >> the big three takeaways are, one, the facts arraigned by the house democrats and managers i think are compelling and overwhelming. i think the president is guilty of doing what he's accused of doing. i think it's deeply troubling for the second one is the deflection used by senate republicans. there is really much new here, rests uncomfortably alongside their pure determination not to allow new evidence in. it seems to be a fair amount of tension to me. third, house democrats even with a very good hand, i think based
3:44 pm
on facts and evidence, have played this pretty poorly. you have moments. adam schiff's closing yesterday was pretty effective. but in many other ways, they seem to be playing to the crowd. the interested more in politics in just a fact recitation of what happen. you saw that in the decision not to have justin amash appear as one of the house managers, which i think would've made -- >> bret: former republican, now independent. >> it would've helped them make a case if they were actually making a case to potentially wobbly senate republicans. they seem to not be doing that. >> bret: mollie? you have a different take. >> when you thing about what's going on here, the president is going to impeachment. his number should be horrible. instead they are stronger than they been in a long time. clearly people have heard this case from a democrats over and over and over. they've heard what the witnesses
3:45 pm
have had to say. many people who aren't opposed to president trump just don't find it compelling at all. this was supposed to be a big moment for democrats, a way to tarnish president trump's image. instead he's coming up very strong and next week there will be an acquittal likely or soon thereafter. where are democrats going to be? >> bret: have they moved to those moderate republicans? we talk about the moderate republicans. there are the moderate democrats -- the moderate republicans have been moved in this testimony? >> we haven't seen that tipping point critical moment yet. i think an interesting thing about this, it does seem that public opinion is largely baked in on this and we are regurgitating things that people are pretty familiar with but i do think there were quite a few leaders feel like what they can do here is put pressure on those moderates and to a large degree, what this is about is an internal senate exercise making
3:46 pm
those moderates squirm and set them up to make them potentially more vulnerable in 2020. i think that's something that even democrats who are resigned to the likelihood that there is not going to be a conviction for the president are hoping at something they can get out of this process which a lot of people are thinking, why are we sitting through hours and hours of this, is to try to make those moderates uncomfortable, maybe that a vote that causes the president pain, and if not make them pay for it in the next election. >> bret: just got the dinner break, which is a welcome thing for the senators i've talked to getting off that floor after hours and hours. the president mean time at the life today a different pitch there. >> all of us here today understand an eternal truth, every child is a sacred and precious gift from god. together, we must protect, cherish, and defend the dignity
3:47 pm
and sink of the of life. >> sanctity >> bret: gallup has seen a change of how the issue polls. not only abortion being legal, but also the question, are you pro-life or pro-choice? it kind of has shifted in recent years. as of late, especially. politically, obviously a good thing for the president. what about that moment? >> the polling has shifted in part because the signs of life has made it clear what actually happens in the case of abortion. i think the president was smart to go to the rally. i think it was smart to speak. i think his remarks where appropriate. i think it'll do him a lot of good with his base. people who are staunchly pro-life, single-issue voters pro-life very much appreciate the president came and spoke to them for the first time. >> bret: warren williams and said it loss also play or the
3:48 pm
other side which is true in any of these culture issues. >> this is a contentious issue but pro-lifers are very motivated. starting to think where they were four years ago as donald trump on the way to the top of the republican party thinking there's no way this guy is good for us. they make demands of him, he adds to the demands they placed on him, and as president he's been the most pro-life president we have ever had. >> bret: as far as judges, justices, as far as policy. i want to turn to the 2020 race. there are no pro-life candidates on the 2020 democratic side, but if you look at the polls, you've got the biden national phenomena is kind of shrinking. iowa. it seems like sanders is still surge -- rising. >> is very interesting because we went to this. lack of time where it look like elizabeth warren was going to be
3:49 pm
the alternative to biden for those pretty serious liberal, some might say leftist activists for whom socialism is not a dirty word. remember, bernie sanders had a heart attack? it seemed like warren was going to take his voters and pull away and just couldn't quite seal the deal and sanders is back, warren is in trouble, and sanders seems to have momentum at the right time. >> bret: can we do a lightning winners and losers? >> my winners are a dairy industry, free ads because senators can only drink water and milk on the senate floor. milk is your only option for my loser is the white house press office for approving credentials for "true news," and anti-semitic network who called the impeachment a jew coup.
3:50 pm
>> the rally for life. the loser, exit is finally happening. >> when there is bernie sanders, just cover that. loser is the reigning crown prince of saudi arabia, very problematic allegations unproven that he was as possible for the hack of amazon founder jeff beezus' phone, resurrecting a lot about stories about him and was going on inside saudi arabia right now. >> bret: mollie is the winner for being the most lightning. next up, notable quotable's. in, and i do. be sure to talk to your doctor before you begin an aspirin regimen. listen to the doctor. take it seriously.
3:51 pm
♪[ siren ] & doug give me your hand! i can save you... lots of money with liberty mutual! we customize your car insurance so you only pay for what you need! only pay for what you need. ♪ liberty. liberty. liberty. liberty. ♪
3:52 pm
some things are too important to do yourself. ♪ get customized security with 24/7 monitoring from xfinity home. awarded the best professionally installed system by cnet. simple. easy. awesome. call, click or visit a store today.
3:53 pm
that's it. i'm calling kohler about their walk-in bath. nah. not gonna happen. my name is ken. how may i help you? hi, i'm calling about kohler's walk-in bath. excellent! happy to help. huh? hold one moment please... [ finger snaps ] hmm. the kohler walk-in bath features an extra-wide opening and a low step-in at three inches, which is 25 to 60% lower than some leading competitors. the bath fills and drains quickly, while the heated seat soothes your back, neck and shoulders. kohler is an expert in bathing, so you can count on a deep soaking experience. are you seeing this? the kohler walk-in bath comes with fully adjustable hydrotherapy jets and our exclusive bubblemassage. everything is installed in as little as a day by a kohler-certified installer. and it's made by kohler- america's leading plumbing brand.
3:54 pm
we need this bath. yes. yes you do. a kohler walk-in bath provides independence with peace of mind. >> bret: finally tonight, it is friday. a busy friday. that still means notable quotables. >> daylight, and light, and lie. >> the only one who should be embarrassed, mr. nadler, is you. >> they are addressing the world's greatest deliberative body. >> i want to sit in the front row and stare in their corrupt faces. >> don't remember the last time i got a question about impeachment from a voter. >> one person voted against derek jeter. >> i choose to leave his game with only positive memories. >> we are fighting for those who
3:55 pm
have no voice and we will win. >> what we are looking at right now is a novel coronavirus. >> certainly cover yourself if you are doing any of those things. his rightful place as alongside the founders of this nation. >> these people are responsible gun owners. these are real true red-blooded americans. >> this is a battle of the bulge, dunkirk. >> "new york times" throwing its full support behind not one but two credit candidates. >> on a good day, my wife likes me. >> a lot of people are asleep right now all over the country because it's midnight! speak on behalf of all of us, we'd like to thank you for your patience. >> comes with the job. >> bret: a lot to come. that's one week. please watch fox news sunday from des moines, iowa. chris wallace will talk with
3:56 pm
presidential candidate andrew yang. plus a town hall sunday night with mayor pete buttigieg. we will be in iowa next friday. that's it for this "special report." fair, balanced, unafraid. "the story" with martha after the break. and if you want outba, order now! outback steakhouse.
3:57 pm
3:58 pm
3:59 pm
little things can be a big deal. psoriasis, that's why there's otezla. otezla is not a cream. it's a pill that treats plaque psoriasis differently. with otezla, 75% clearer skin is achievable. don't use if you're allergic to otezla. it may cause severe diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting. otezla is associated with... ...an increased risk of depression. tell your doctor if you have a history of depression or suicidal thoughts or if these feelings develop. some people taking otezla reported weight loss. your doctor should monitor your weight and may stop treatment. upper respiratory tract infection and headache may occur. tell your doctor about your medicines
4:00 pm
and if you're pregnant or planning to be. otezla. show more of you. >> martha: so the clock is ticking for the democrats on the senate floor tonight. they have about two more hours left in the 24 hours they were given to present their case and why the president should be removed from office. it is possible this trial could be over at this time next week if it all climbs out the way it's looking like it will, but as witnesses come in the player could be a whole different story. a report surrounding one of those potential witnesses, "abc news" reviews recordings that appear to capture president trump at a private dinner telling that he wanted ukraine ambassador marie yovanovitch fired in april of 2018. that was a full year later that he was actually

78 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on