Skip to main content

tv   Cavuto Coast to Coast  FOX Business  January 4, 2017 12:00pm-2:01pm EST

12:00 pm
very interesting as my colleague just pointed out. the president-elect ends not taken office yet. what a show. we are following up on that. the democrats try to turn the table right now on the republicans by saying at the rate were going it's republicans who will make america sick again. >> it will make america sick again. >> i have to stop here it is a fact thing.
12:01 pm
americans are sick and they are getting sicker again. that's what is happening right now. it is true. so you are entitled to your points of view but you're not entitled to your own points of fact. these are the facts my friends. for the first time in decades has gone down for the average male it is now 76.5 years. 81.2 years from 81.3 years. furthermore death rate among americans increased in the latest year to about 724.6 americans and now 733.
12:02 pm
the highest increase we've seen since 1993. heart disease deaths are up. chronic low lung disease are up. kidney disease is up. suicides are up. substance abuse and overdose deaths are up at the strongest clip ever in recording history. two more than 52 thousand. all of this with the first ever event in american history where a new generation is not expected to do as well as a parent generation. the reality my friends as us.
12:03 pm
they are already set and that's despite the affordable care act. despite the fact that it has gotten much worse in the deaths has climbed. the first time we've seen it for eight out of ten that's a person we have seen it. now, swap that out with something else called sticker shock from opening an envelope and the fact that we wanted to get very straight right off the top is this argument that healthcare premium increases are now averaging the smallest gain we've ever seen in 50 years. they are bragging about the rate of increase. we will explore that a little bit later.
12:04 pm
they are bragging that it would've been a lot worse had it not been for the affordable care act. if that is your breaking point. it would've been a lot worse without it that my friends is tailoring your views in your fax . seven you know what don't your throat. and when they cover a story like that. that doesn't make publicans saints. but it does prove is that you can play fast and loose with numbers you make up. based on death certificates. likes of which we have never seen in this country's history
12:05 pm
when it comes to eight of the top ten diseases. they have indeed gone down. as a pity that it's not been able to offset what has happened with heart disease. and drug overdoses on this one to set the facts straight. when i heard that they return to make america sick again i thought that's a pretty strong loaded statement the fact of the matter is this is a perilous time. it's bad. >> i think a vast percentage of the americans would strongly disagree with the assessment by democrats that somehow appealing and replacing his get to make americans more sick. many are kicking off the new
12:06 pm
year with that 20% a 20% increase in their insurance premiums. republicans on capitol hill realized that the incoming administration realizes that they are so resolute. as soon as donald trump gets into office. enterprising reporters like yourself just had to do some basic fact checking. just in terms of the health of americans since the health law came into place. and this is 2015 data that i'm relay in here. it shows an uptick in all of these diseases. i'm not blaming that on the health care law what i'm saying is that it's happening despite the health care law if you're are arguing on the other side is does can
12:07 pm
accommodate this can complicate things and make things worse than they would have a lot to do to do that. >> i think the burden is going to be to put forth a repeal package that will help negate the risk of undoing such a sleepy piece of legislation. it's important for individuals such as myself to be laying out these facts to be putting into points out there that show what has happened under the affordable care act but i think the biggest fact check in this is what we saw in the presidential election and that's that 62 million americans and many democrats for that matter as well felt like it was not doing what he promised it would and that's why were seen bipartisan support for at least some form of repeal. the president-elect and republicans on capitol hill had advocated maintaining but for the most part there needs
12:08 pm
to be an assessment of this law what went wrong and how to fix it going forward. >> this is something that they are seen as well. if you're talking about the millions have coverage now. it is shielding them from higher sticker prices. to make sure that their health has improved that's not happening so as a cause that were celebrating here. i think the greatest amount of pressure would be that they need to come up with a repeal package and put forward something that's good and sharp that there is not an increased sticker shock. that something the democrats have warned about anything it's a concern that republicans need to take seriously.
12:09 pm
just this morning we saw the vice president-elect meet with the house gop conference to discuss what a repeal package going forward might look like in to tout the american people that he hopes to have such a package on the president-elect desks by the end of his first month in office. they are pursuing a solution for everything that has gone wrong. they look at the different pieces that president trump can undo through his executive authority that also seen congressional republicans take look at what they can immediately do between now and january 20 and immediately after this as well. the theme that they had been doing is to remind folks that they want to make america sick again.
12:10 pm
it has nothing to do with what republicans are planning or plotting. it has everything to do with the fact that we are more obese as a people more of them are getting hit with a serious disease or worse and a lot of us are facing a lot of other formalities. that's a first timer that has ever happened in history. or say that everything is going your way you are making the point that republicans will make things worse i would literally kill to see that happen but i don't have to. because we are already dying in record numbers. in eight out of ten of the gripping diseases are all up over decades.
12:11 pm
they are working together on this transition in dealing with all of this. take a look. >> there is unstable transition to a truly patient centered system. were working out right now with white house staff. a two track approach to ensuring that it is an orderly transition . we do it in a transition that does not pull the rug out from anybody. we will work out in a way that reflects the passion. the former deputy thank you for coming. i was a little started there by some of the numbers i was researching. there's not necessarily equate quote pro. in the jesus -- diseases go away.
12:12 pm
to say the other side is can i make america sick again over the last nine years they have gotten sicker again and that is in an environment when we have the most sweeping piece of health legislation that we have seen. >> i was unimpressed by the minority leaders it spoke to the aspirations of the american people to reclaim a rightness that it has have for two centuries. i did not like it at all. i thought of the point that you are making about the life expectancy going down. as the fault of the republicans.
12:13 pm
>> look at all of this. in the data. one thing that startled me is separate that from the higher premiums and then to say that those increases are the lowest. as if the double-digit rate of increase and leaving out trends in some states like arizona. it is triple digits. just sort of even it out and ignore that. it would've been a lot higher. it's just bogus. a lot of the moderation appears to be coming from employer sponsored care. and that has to do with a lot of the steps that the employers took in recent years in order to control their cost and a lot of that predates the affordable care act. and then in the exchanges themselves you are seen the
12:14 pm
triple digit price hikes which makes the plan unaffordable into the extent that the administration said that they are affordable it's only after you get a subsidy. that person is you and me and all tax payers. weave to go back and look up the statistics. for what they are paying for insurance. we are not living as long. the rate of disease related deaths is the highest it's been since 1983. you have that facing the real process. does the seem like they had bragging points to me. there's a very disturbing record. inhe new administration if you can actually cut
12:15 pm
regulations and cut taxes and bring some sense to the business taxes and then of course make changes in healthcare. it actually improves health care. and to purchase healthcare by making it cheaper than we can have a real resurgent. my thought has always been bet on america in the long run because we are going to do great. >> i will do that throughout the show. only because i feel compelled to just get the facts right. they come up in this alternative if not even more calls -- costly it's based on market incentive that will save the world great but i will crunch the numbers and i will do an excel spreadsheet and see who is doing this. when someone is bragging about double-digit premium increases
12:16 pm
insane they would've been a lot worse and then talks about the fact that now more people ha insuranhat would not had have insurance yet the death rate is climbing what have we gained in the premiums in the right after to that such a price make america sick again such a lie. we will have more after this.
12:17 pm
12:18 pm
12:19 pm
>> donald trump is tweeting out the plans about ford. the ford is telling me that he was a key factor in canceling those plants.
12:20 pm
did he come back at you and did he say i hear what you're saying about currency manipulation. i hear what you're saying about top fuel economy. >> clearly he said that publicly. we are looking at that. it's one of the factors that we had put into place. when we look at some of the tax and regulatory reforms that we've been talking about what gets us a lot of confidence and this is a vote of confidence and he can deliver on those things. lenora, what do you make of this. by my math it's roughly a couple of thousand to 3,000 jobs that were slated to go that aren't going. and now with ford planning to keep 700 here what do you make of all this. what is trump really taking credit for. is he using the power of
12:21 pm
government as a stick if they don't keep jobs here. and the reason they would move him overseas is because they think it would be better for shareholders. i think the saving jobs for the cost of shareholders. in that case is he negotiating off these deals that introduces more because now everybody is incentivized to say to move overseas so that they can get some sort of special treatment. >> i don't know if there is any special treatment guarded here. a lot of threatening going on. but mark, one thing i ask was if he sent out a message for companies that might be predisposed for the sake of having to save on labor a little bit and then if you take the time to crunch the long-term impact of that isn't that a good thing?
12:22 pm
>> we just we went through eight years of a president. didn't understand entrepreneurship. and now we have the opportunity to have a new president that seems to have policies that are very reaganesque. we estimate we would have 3.6 trillion in additional gdp and 14 million more jobs. >> i don't know where i got that. i know you like to do the numbers. under reagan we have a high point vote of 7.6 percent per year and under obama we had have virtually any real growth. when you factor all of these things in trump is actually pushing for the american dream which is a resurgent. i think it goes way beyond
12:23 pm
trying to go around that. it struck and stuck with me is the notion that we are looking forward in the types of things that we will do. when we look at rigged trading policies. dealing with rules and regulations that could be particularly onerous. that sort of stuff and that was one of the carrots that was dangled before a lot of the ceos with which he met. what a horrifying precedent then. how awful for our economy for depriving people around the world. it was about trump saying there will be consequences if
12:24 pm
you have the temerity to move your business businesses outside of the united states. that means jobs were saved but consider the many multiples. it's very difficult to move it out. i think it's in tight economic growth. >> we are really having a problem here. if you can become very anti- trade and were going to engage elseat negotiation that the loses we have to be very careful about losing international investment into the u.s. they invested $45.6 billion in the u.s. and is responsible for over hundred thousand jobs. the comparison over hundred thousand jobs.
12:25 pm
if we continue in this trade negotiation is it when lose negotiation. including the latest revelations. they are worried about a foreign country. ur medicines, and ask if your heart is healthy enough for sex. do not take cialis if you take nitrates for chest pain, or adempas® for pulmonary hypertension, as this may cause an unsafe drop in blood pressure. do not drink alcohol in excess. to avoid long-term injury, get medical help right away for an erection lasting more than four hours. if you have a sudden decrease or loss of hearing or vision, or an allergic reaction, stop taking cialis and get medical help right away. ask your doctor about cialis.
12:26 pm
12:27 pm
12:28 pm
>> are we so focused on russia these days that maybe donald trump is right. they are taking over in the south china sea. maybe that bears a little bit of watching. what that could mean. so are you in that camp. you are not oblivious to rush up but you're more concerned about china? >> yes i am more concerned about china in the long term.
12:29 pm
i've been talking about this for a long time. both of them are ambitious. they both want to replace the united states at the top of the international system. they are both military powers. you talked about a lot of the other issues here. my simple calculation is that threat equals capabilities. you can watch the capabilities develop. using that arithmetic will give you an idea of what were up against. asia is still rising. the past four years is turned upside down. president was saying that the
12:30 pm
governor's concern about russia was a canned to the 70s. they aren't nearly as a threat that it used to be. they are worthy enough of a threat. for hacking into our election. i think it is partly because of the news cycle. >> may be because it's half a world away emma peter, military rising these items that they don't own. as a little weird. it's very troubling. interestingly people like me that pay close attention i said the first aircraft
12:31 pm
carrier. it is a cyber power. you're usually talking about china. the stealing of american intellectual property by china over the last decade is a mind boggling. and that is a tremendous problem for us and i think it still continues. china is a major threat not dismissing russia because i think russia's intent may be more intense right now. thank you my friend as always. we will probably get a lot of the e-mailing and calling and asking. this is all about repealing. why not just repeal it. is it really worth replacing.
12:32 pm
think of what we have and what your pain and think of the fact that anyone and everyone could go into an emergency room and get care if they really needed it. is it worth the potential trillions that we will spend over the years.
12:33 pm
12:34 pm
12:35 pm
vice president-elect mike peds is attending a luncheon right
12:36 pm
now. with the house members it was talking about how they were going to go move forward. herman, amanda take this leap here that will burn a lot of people. why replace it. why would you replace a huge program was something that would be a huge program. it ever its ever its incentives or fall back. the reason you also had to replace is that when the democrats blew up the building with a leak in the roof they blew up a lot of choices we have and gave us a lot of choices we do not want. that's why had to replace it with something. secondly, the two features that they continue to try to
12:37 pm
convince us as to reasons why we ought to keep it the beauty of this that started with the patient's first act. he empowers patients and provides a mechanism for those with pre-existing conditions. that's why we have to replace it with something. not a massive planet like the democrats show. once the patient empowered. certainly in the eyes of democrats. when in fact i said at the outset of the show they are getting sicker. eigh the ten diseases. they are up. there up over the last few years. the levels that we have not
12:38 pm
seen. since 1993. and some ever. and some in the healthcare law. does confirm some of the calls that i get to my radio show. calls for people saying they're having to choose between buying shoes. the pain that they are. med met administration. as a pointed out. they are trying to save obama care. stop for a moment. what is a ackerman. they want to continue to control the healthcare of every american. that's why you have to replace the parts that are good. and then empower patients
12:39 pm
first. they're just junking this whole thing. to compete along the same times. they will be able to outdo big government. that it will be more responsible government. history suggests that never turns out. >> you and i may differ on that. >> i'm confident that they won't try to out democrat that. there's a new sheriff in town. his name is donald j trump. he will not impose bigger government.
12:40 pm
what do i know. herman, thank you very much. >> one of the genuine articles of this country. it's not as if congress can undo something that the un did but it does want to make a statement that's how it plans to make that statement next. quit smoking. but when we brought our daughter home, that was it. now i have nicoderm cq. the nicoderm cq patch with unique extended release technology helps prevent your urge to smoke all day. it's the best thing that ever happened to me. every great why needs a great how.
12:41 pm
hey nicole. hey! i just wanted to thank your support team for walking me through my first options trade. we only do it for everyone gary. well, i feel pretty smart. well, we're all about educating people on options strategies. well, don't worry, i won't let this accomplishment go to my head. i'm still the same old gary. wait, you forgot your french dictionary. oh, mucho gracias. get help on options trading with thinkorswim, only at td ameritrade.
12:42 pm
with your foxbusiness brief. as they had agreed to move forward with the confirmation hearing next week. with that agreement he will break all financial ties. 180million-dollar retirement package. about $54 million. and if he will actually get that. he will also get the equivalent value of 2 million unvested shares. federal regulators have now
12:43 pm
agreed on this with exxon. it's down about 1%. up about 15 -- 16% over the last year. much more of coast to coast-to-coast after the break.
12:44 pm
>> when the tech fund if you will invest in altering -- all things tech across the board. a $100 billion technology front we learned earlier today that the big maker of mobile
12:45 pm
phone chips was going to be investing. apple is going to be investing into this thing. scores of others had chipped in and quickly coming to pass. with the softbank ceo. he was at the trump tower with donald trump saying he was doing this with faith and confidence in what they will need to do for america. now they seem to be helping them out and doing this. the devil is in the details. presumably to hire a lot of american workers. conservative estimates put but at 50,000. there is no way to quantify that. more american firms kicking and some change. they will make this thing a reality and make tens of thousands of jobs a reality.
12:46 pm
in the meantime we have a senator jerry moran he cosponsored a bill saying that the un resolution that went after israel that have the blessing of the administration and the backhanded way we let this vote go through. the senator wants to put a stop to that. very good to have you what was measured too. just rebuke the un or what. it's a position that we have long held. by letter to the obama administration just a few months ago abstaining from that. resolution really restates it.
12:47 pm
more importantly as well as a practical consequence to take in the taking the debate to the united nations. they need to sit down and negotiate an agreement between those two entities. the country of israel and the palestinian state. they need to reach an agreement. they can negotiate the court of world opinion and the united nations was what really needs to happen in the middle east. and so this resolution reiterates the congress for israel of the state. they disagree with the obama administration's decision to abstain and we will have a new administration that will then
12:48 pm
have an opportunity the whole extension changes the way that they have operated in this regard. >> a d think there do think there might be a reason. we should be there in a two state solution. >> i think that the un actions at the end of this obama administration with all of the myriad of things going wrong in the world and the security of our country at risk why would they take this opportunity to wander into
12:49 pm
this patch that has in my view very damaging consequences to the state of peace. >> thank you for taking the time. we appreciate it. i think i found out something and it takes me a while but i think andrew comeau is looking to run for president in 2020 and i just had to prove it. something he just somebody just did in the last 24 hours.
12:50 pm
this is judy. judy is 63 years old. her mortgage payment is $728 a month. that's almost 9 thousand dollars a year. now judy doesn't think that she'll be able to retire until her mortgage is fully paid off. this is mike. mike is also 63 years old. his mortgage payment was $728 a month.
12:51 pm
mike thought he would have to work for another 12 years until his mortgage was paid off... and then mike heard about a reverse mortgage and how that might help him. he called one reverse mortgage to get the details. mike retired immediately after getting his one reverse mortgage loan. maybe you too can benefit from a reverse mortgage. call one reverse mortgage now and find out if you qualify. they'll send you an information kit that includes all the details and the stories of mike and others. a reverse mortgage... is a mortgage with no required monthly payments. it was created for homeowners 62 or older so they can continue to afford and own the home they love. many one reverse mortgage clients find they can retire sooner, do more the things they love, or simply put more money in the bank. a reverse mortgage could change your retirement, and your life.
12:52 pm
i examined my finances and i said, there is no reason why i shouldn't retire today. 10, 12 years earlier than i had anticipated. in the first year, mike's cash flow savings totaled $8,736. after 5 years, it will be over $40,000. it really is worth a call to find out if a reverse mortgage can help you too. call one reverse mortgage now and ask for your free information kit. >> maria just said bye to her creative director after this disaster. there was an audio problem. a reminder to my staff here.
12:53 pm
>> why are you guys laughing. don't laugh at this i suspect that the new york governor is already laying the groundwork to run for president in 2020. because he just did something about providing free college for parents and their kids. here's here is what the governor has in mind. he wants to give free education to kids. the state would have a program to fill that gap between what state and federal grants give students in the price tech. hundred 25,000. if you decide to declare your self independent you will make that hundred 45,000-dollar cut
12:54 pm
get that free education. this is education and state universities. so not everything. you can go to the state universities which i have to tell you the first words out of these unions were we need more teachers. >> this is not going to be cheap but it's very popular. it's free stuff. it isn't always free. how are you going to pay for it. double it at his minimum. they believe only 10% of current students will opt for the free education. probably many more than that. i think you and i both know that they only come in higher than you anticipated not
12:55 pm
lower. where is the incentive for that university to be competitive and try to keep prices down. every cost increase is to be covered by the state. >> you don't mind switching gears for something personal. what are days like. for radiation and it's very fatigue inducing. i had been doing it for five weeks. it's pretty typical. it makes you tired you kind of get a sunburn in the affected area for people though cannot be more gracious.
12:56 pm
hike your way over to the other side of the city and strapping it takes about an hour to the whole thing to go through but only five minutes in front of the machine. ultimately i have gotten through it because i because i know this is the tail end of what i'm doing to get out of this. to turn the corner and even have a column going up later. about this being my last day. what can i say. she is a trooper. she has been smiling through all of this. good for us by the way. we've a lot more coming up. we are waiting to go back to washington. just me. it's sounding more and more like ronald reagan. i'm just saying it's a good
12:57 pm
thing. more after this. . .
12:58 pm
. .
12:59 pm
1:00 pm
neil: all right. the affordable care act is sort of in the middle of a showdown capitol hill. president got in there to sort of push democrats to do their darnedest to keep this things together and not let republicans repeal and dismantle the whole thing and replace it with something a disaster. something that chuck schumer echoed. republicans meanwhile in the house and senate side meeting with the vice president lent mike pence to sort of come up with a strategy to counter that strategy. their goal is something on the president's desk, that would be president donald trump by february 20th, to do just that, dismantle and replace obamacare. blake burman with the latest on
1:01 pm
the back and forth. reporter: hi, neil, moist of the players were on capitol hill to discuss what may or may not happen to obamacare. the only one not here was president-elect trump. he made his presence felt on twitter with series of tweets, with president obama and mike pence on capitol hill. quote, the dems are to blame. said, don't let the schumer clowns out of this mess. timetable for all of this going forward, you laid some of it out, in the immediate concerns, you have ticktock going forward. paul ryan, saying senate will take up some actions next week. as we know mr. trump will be sworn in as next president of the united states couple weeks from now on january 20th. republicans say executive actions take place after that. sources tell fox within the meeting between the vice president-elect, mr. pence and capitol hill republicans he
1:02 pm
says mr. trump wants a bill on his desk by february 20th, a month later. after that meeting, here was mr. pence on their goals going forward. listen. >> we're working on a strategy in concert with the leadership of the house and the senate for both a legislative and a executive action agenda to insure anrd early -- an orderly and transition to a market based is achieved. reporter: president met with house republicans as the vice president-elect -- he met with house democrats rather as the vice president-elect was with house republicans. after the meeting emerged, president obama said what he told house democrats was to look out for the american people. that was his overarching message. earlier today on the fox business network, kathleen sebelius, former head of health and human services who put
1:03 pm
obamacare into place that should republicans try to repeal the affordable care act without a replacing it that would lead, she said, to chaos. listen. >> there has been this empty promise for really almost the last seven years, that republicans have a plan. that republicans want to make sure americans have affordable health coverage, and yet there is no plan. so to pass a bill that says we're going to repeal the current law, with nothing to take its place, will cause pure chaos. reporter: neil, that is a word you heard from democrats, as whole debate surrounding future of obamacare brews. i am told in the meeting with the president, it was part strategy session, part q&a with democrats, just how to proceed going forward, neil. neil: blake, thank you very, very much. blake burman. it goes like this. donald trump is saying, all right, even if you love this health care law, even if you think it's cherry pie, is it
1:04 pm
worth triple digit premium hikes? that is what is going on in arizona. arizona chamber of commerce president, ceo, glen hammer says there has got to abettor way. do you think republicans will come up with a better way. what do you think? >> i absolutely do. senator john mccain during his re-election made unraveling of the affordable care act a centerpiece of his campaign. he won easily. it probably helped during the homestretch of his campaign that arizona saw the highest surge in obamacare exchange premiums in the entire country. neil: so where are we going here? republicans have long argued repeal and replace. the dirty little secret they have alternative plans as they did when this was being cooked up by democrats in 2010 but they couldn't coalesce around a single plan. they had about five or six. three prominent ones. and what are and what should they coalesce on? >> well, we need to see greater,
1:05 pm
greater freedom in the marketplace. the obamacare exchanges have way too many mandates. that is why you saw some of the major insurers pull out all over the country. in fact for a brief period of time, looks like one ever major counties in arizona wouldn't have a single exchange. having more marketplace mechanisms in place will be very important. look, we had medicaid before obamacare in all 50 states. we'll have it after. that's something republicans are going to have to think thought fully through. but it's, overall, obamacare has been a disaster, the process it went through was an abomination. not a single republican supported it. i would encourage republicans to do their best to bring some bipartisan support to what they do going forward. neil: glenn, some parties are in agreement on key features. coverage for preexisting conditions. keeping your kid on your own
1:06 pm
policy a little longer, assuming you like your kid. working out details how you will pay for all of that. that's where it is a slippery slope. what happens? >> that's something that's going to take some work but, look, during the campaign it, was hillary clinton owes own husband, former president bill clinton, who said that the design of the health care law was crazy. it was very, very clear that the affordable care act was going to need a major restructuring, regardless who won. i think, just before coming on, vice president-elect pence's comments were right on the mark. neil: we'll watch closely. you dealt with it, front and center in your state seem totally crazy. but, glenn hammer, thank you very much for having you. >> thank you. neil: democrats have been beat the drum saying republicans get their way, they will make america sick again. listen. >> the republican plan to cut
1:07 pm
health care wouldn't make america great again, it would make america sick again. >> all that will do is make america sick again. >> and so make america sick again, is that what the republicans want to do? neil: all right. so that's the theme. republicans make america sick again. democratic congressman john garamendi, met with president obama again today. is that a fair argument to scare the public what republicans are drafting? the americans are sicker in the eight top 10 diseases, kid any disease, heart disease, more people dying than in decades are on the uptick, they're already sick, right? >> well, that has a lot to do with particular diseases with aging baby boomers,. neil: i understand, congressman, don't you find it disingenuous saying that americans are sick
1:08 pm
again. >> you're talking about two different populations here. clearly if we were to see the repeal of the affordable care act there could be as many as 30 million americans that would immediately lose their health insurance. i know republicans say they're not going to do that but repeal would cause that to happen. some million been able to get insurance as a result of the affordable care act. and another 10 million insured probably with their parents, in other ways as a result of extensions that were provided through the affordable care act. and keep in mind, thator seniors, those that are in fact dying of those illnesses you talked about, they have been able to get annual health care checkups which has delayed on set of very illnesses that you just described. diabetes, heart issues and the like. and those have extended the, actually, actuarial, actuarial
1:09 pm
foundation of the medicare itself and so -- neil: i'm not saying but th facts that i have, heart disease decks are up. chronic lung diseases up. strokes up. kid any related diseases up. drug overdose deaths up. hear me out, i'm not blaming that on the health care law. i am saying occurring despite the health care law. for democrats to point as republican as evil killers here is seems a little bit of a theatric, right? >> talk about theatrics, talk about what is going on ever since the affordable care act became law. neil: i told you what has been going on. >> what you have seen is all kinds of charges made about the affordable care act that were not true. but we do know what is true about the affordable care act, and that is, over 20 million people have been able to become insured in a variety of ways. neil: but it is not affordable, right? double-digit increases. but it is sold on the idea it
1:10 pm
would be a lot higher without it. we can't prove it. >> neil, wait just a second. let's step back. it is affordable because -- neil: for whom. >> because of subsidies been provided. now the cost of health care overall, we've seen a decline in the last six years in the rate of growth of the inflation. below what it was in the previous 30 to 40 years. and that was, in part, due to the affordable care act and some of the reforms that were instituted -- neil: a lot ever that is dated. when we had recession, slow down, a lot might be due to that, right? just seems odd we call it affordable care, i just dealt with the chamber about commerce president of arizona saying they're having triple digit increases just for the affordable care act and those in the state's exchanges, what have you and others who are not even involved in this are seeing big increases of their own. and that is with this law that is supposedly been to curtail those increases.
1:11 pm
>> well, actually the overall increases across america, for the cost of health care and that is not speaking to insurance cost, but cost of health care we've seen a decline in the annual growth rate of health care across the nation. neil: most of the states it is running at double-digit clip. if that is decline, color me, like an olympic athlete. >> wait a minute. you're talking about two different things here. you're talking about insurance increases which are -- neil: that is how most americans pay for their health care, sir. >> well, let's be quite clear what we're talking about. the overall cost of health care is one set of statistics, extremely important. eventually the insurance issues become, rate of insurance, increases are reflected in the cost. but what has happened in certain markets -- neil: you might be right. it might happen. but we're not seeing it. >> let me finish, let me finish here. what actually happened in certain insurance markets across the nation insurers in the early years of the affordable care act
1:12 pm
underpriced their insurance. and they have seen it necessary, last year and this year, to dramatically increase their costs to cover those losses that occurred in those previous years. that's part of the insurance marketplace adjusting to -- neil: you're not blaming on insurance guys, anyone who do basic math if you promise coverage for preexisting conditions, keeping your kids on the policy longer, and providing all sorts of guaranteed benefits and not assume that the cost of that would go up exponentially, then that was at least, that was at least a bill of goods that was sold to us. >> no, not at all. but what you need to take a look at here is that in providing those benefits, the cost of the care that was delivered has been shifted from uncompensated care in the emergency room, over to the insurance side of the question. and yes, the cost now becomes included in the insurance premium. much of that premium, at least
1:13 pm
across the exchanges across the united states and for the medicare, medi-cal in california was covered by the overall money in the system, subsidies in exchanges. neil: would you call it a disappointment, sir? you can crunch numbers pretty well. look what happened now, so many people are angry now, would you say that it didn't work out as you wanted? >> actually, we knew from the very outset that through time there would need to be changes made to the law. neil: but i don't remember, i don't remember people telling me get ready for double-digit increases. get ready for eye-popping deductibles. i don't remember it being sold that way. >> actually, neil, if you had been, i know you were listening, before the affordable care act occurred there were double-digit increases every year, way beyond the generate of inflation across the united states, usually two to three times generate of inflation. neil: i never ever, you never
1:14 pm
ever remember a year where scores of states were dealing with premiums going up triple digit rates. never. >> neil, those years i was insurance commissioner in california in mid 2,000 as i'm telling you it happened. neil: former insurance commissioner, if you went back to voters in your state and elsewhere, and let them know it is eye-popping increases now, you're still going to get eye-popping increases, might not be as eye-popping as they are now but they're going to be eye-popping and in some cases they will be ridiculously eye-popping, do you think this thing would have passed? >> actually what i said then and what i have said today is that as a result of the affordable care act we have seen a reduction in the rate of increases of health care. there is absolutely no doubt that health care continues to increase substantially -- neil: we're bragging rate of increases not being what they were even that is not borne out in state after state after state. >> no. neil: we're bracing about the
1:15 pm
fact -- bragging about the fact costs going up gone up a lot more without this law. you simply can not prove that. >> yes i can. i can go back to statistical analysis set in all of the insurance across the united states and in the joan health care across the united states and show you -- neil: but you're bragging about increase would have been a lot more had we not had the health care law. >> absolutely true. neil: what do you tell folks in arizona? what do you tell folks in georgia? what do you tell folks in georgia and texas. >> what i tell folks in their state, their governor did not set up proper insurance exchange. because there was no insurance exchange. neil: you're down to two because exchanges were such a marvel. >> no the exchanges have actually worked rather well across the gram mutt of united states. neil: they're going out of business faster than me passing up fruit at a buffet. what are you talking about. >> that is not -- in certain parts where there are anomalies
1:16 pm
in the insurance market where those exchanges were not broadly based, where there were very few insurers working in the exchange, yes, they're clearly problems. in my own statof california, the exchange has been unable to overcome reality of the -- neil: you're a good man and patriot. i want to know will you work with republicans to fix what you don't like in this and some of the provisions that might have surprised you on the cost upside let's say? >> i will answer that two ways. first of all absolutely yes. i have offered over the years as have democrats since is tuesday of the aca to work with republicans to fix the known probms. that didn't happen. the republicans refused to do that, over 60 times they set about repealing it gutting it one way or the another. neil: they had alternatives but were ignored. both sides -- >> what was all term tough to kill it, gut it and then bring back, what selling insurance across lines, state lines?
1:17 pm
that doesn't self anything at all. neil: it is a start, right? >> no, depending, the way they proposed to do it it opened the door to rampant fraud, and insurance companies that did not have the substantial -- neil: you doesn't think we have rampant fraud now and cost gouging going on now. >> of course we have fraud across the united states. of course there is gouging across the united states but there is framework in place called the affordable care act that does provide for the regulation of insurance rates. neil: all right. >> for the first time -- you repeal, you repeal the affordable care act, and the regulation of insurance rates is gone. neil: all right. >> it is gone period. neil: okay. >> you want some increases. repeal it? you want chaos, repeal it? you want insurance market, private insurance market,. neil: okay. i don't want to jump. we'll go to break whether you and i are chatting. always a pleasure to chat. never disaagreeable. >> never, sir. neil: more after this.
1:18 pm
1:19 pm
1:20 pm
1:21 pm
neil: vice president-elect is busy guy. a gop luncheon that will include republican representatives as well. they're coming up with a plan to crash the whole affordable care act and start fresh. a month after he is inaugurated february 20th. charles payne what could come from all of this. charles payne is here. democratic campaign to say republicans are about to make america sick again when in fact americans have gotten sicker. >> americans have. last year first time in decades our life expectancy went down from the year before. neil: that's right. >> what is interesting, two things come to mind here.
1:22 pm
at onset of iraq war, when president bush was told you break it, you own it, so -- neil: right. >> in their effort to save it, to fix it, because it is one of the top things the american public demanded of this election, they do have to make sure, they have to understand once they go with this, that it's theirs democrats set up blame game. that is what they specialize in. tom price is not trying to put a formula together on the chalk board. neil: he had an alternative. >> the plans have been formulated very long time. we had a good chance to see what warts are, where the problems are. so i think implementation of a, something that can work should go pretty swiftly. let's not forget, it was cobbled together very swiftly without any bipartisan support. neil: that's right. >> mostly written by the industry, health care industry, and insurance industry.
1:23 pm
once the insurance industry sort of sweeteners went away, taxpayer-backed losses they went away. neil: what do you think of the trump approach on this? i always read your great columns. one of the things you referred to gm facing all the criticism for building cars abroad but the you refer to the fact that the small compact cars getting fingered they're not doing that well. >> they're not. donald trump picking out the chevy cruze is strategic. he didn't talk about the pickup trucks. the cruze -- neil: thought it was named after ted cruz. whatever. >> [laughter]. like that one. this is the second version of it. it is in its second year. last year sales were down 20%. no one wants this car. neil: is that right? >> where this car is being made, lordstown, ohio, the company is expected to furlough 1250 workers january 23rd. before the inauguration, january 20th, you will he see.
1:24 pm
about m say we found work for the guys. another major public relations win for donald trump and general motors curry favor with the public. hey, donald trump has got our back and trying to keep manufacturing jobs in this country n recent poll out today, that is number one things americans want. keep work here and bring work back, in that order. neil: you're one of those free e marketeers type, doesn't like strong-arming, charlie gasparino,. >> something to be said about the strong-arming. neil: there is gaspo talking about strong arming. >> you ever see when they get his lunch wrong? get out of the cafeteria. here's the thing, mexico has major advance, right? they have wage advantage. 20 pesos for one dollar. they have 40 trade agreements with the rest of the world that we don't have. they can actually export from there tax-free. neil: that was wild.
1:25 pm
>> value-added tax that donald trump alluded to, should have talked more about this with the american public. their tax system adds 16% to the cost of items, their value-added tax, if you export they will refund it. so those are big hurdles to overcome. neil: thank you, charles payne. >> happy new year, neil. neil: to you, my friend as well. 6:00 p.m. tonight he gets down and dirty with all the numbers. strong numbers. he can make you a lot of money. waiting to hear from the vice president-elect. he will come to that podium. is that a label for the vice president elect or is it just, they looked at it? >> his has a t. neil: united states senate. there you go. more after this. achoo!
1:26 pm
(snap) achoo! (snap) achoo! achoo! (snap) (snap) achoo! achoo! feel a cold coming on? zicam cold remedy nasal swabs shorten colds with a snap, and reduce symptom severity by 45%. shorten your cold with a snap, with zicam.
1:27 pm
brother dominic sir. nice work brother dominic, very nice. thank you. now we just need 500 more... translated into 35 languages, personalized for every brother and sister. and shared across the 7 continents. now where were we... ♪
1:28 pm
(different languages spoken.) ♪ brother dominic again. look abbot, i got it! it's a miracle... ♪ neil: a lot of automakers feeling pressure from donald trump doing everything possible to prevent jobs leaving
1:29 pm
the u.s. but there is another side to that story. doesn't make economic sense for them to do so. jeff flock has been crunching all those numbers. hey, jeff. reporter: in a word, no, it doesn't. let's go right to the numbers. the ford fusion was one ford would make at the plant down in mexico that they canceled. well the center for automotive research did a study and thought, found out, per car, labor costs would be $600 less per car. the parts suppliers were all down there. they would save $1500 a car on parts. shipping would be more because shipping back to the u.s. but savings per car is over $1000. labor down there for auto workers much cheaper. they make five 1/2 bucks an hour in mexico. 27 plus dollars and hour here in the u.s. on average. so if you build a plant like ford was going to belled down there, 1.$6 billion, factory labor would be almost half when all-in.
1:30 pm
construction labor about 80% less. the rent or the purchase price for the property about 50% less. taxes, less down there as well, corporate taxes, down about 14% there compared to here. the only thing cost you more would be utilities. state-run utilities down there tend to cost a lot. but not balances at all by the other thing. here is the other thing, neil, a lost people forget, charles made the point a moment ago. tariffs. if you build a car, ford does, for example, gm, bills a car in u.s., ship to mexico, they get a 35% tariff they have to pay. if they make the same car in mexico and ship it to brazil -- did i say mexico, u.s. to brazil. if they ship the same car to brazil from mexico, no tariff at all. how the hell do you compete with that. not a level playing field. trump talks about increasing tariffs, but free traders don't like it but that may be the only way to level the playing field. neil: in other words, go tariff for tariff see who comes out on
1:31 pm
top. >> i hate to say it but will cost us all more. neil: we're the ones who pay it. not a government thing. we pay it. >> right. gets passed on. neil: jeff, thank you very much. good seeing you again my friend. jeff flock. meantime, you probably saw sean hannity's interview with wikileaks founder julian assange especially came to the issue who exactly hacked into the dnc. >> grave out that his password was the word password. his own staff said, this email, that you have received, this is totally legitimate. so, this is something, 14-year-old kid, a 14-year-old kid could have hacked. neil: that prompted donald trump to tweet the following. julian assange said a 14-year-old could have hacked john podesta, hillary clinton's campaign manager. so why was the dnc so careless? russians did not give him the info.
1:32 pm
former cia analyst on all of this. who's right, fred? i'm confused. >> well, neil, let's start off, i was an intelligence analyst for 19 years and u.s. intelligence analysis is usually accurate. it is usually based on facts. it is opinion, it is sometimes wrong and steams horribly wrong and think trump is suspicious of intelligence analysis because of its record. now he sees this assessment that the russians were behind fixing the election but intelligence community won't brief this analysis to congress but at same time this analysis is being leaked to the news media to hurt trump. so i mean trump is justified looking at other sources of information. i also think he is justified and concerned about the objective of u.s. intelligence agencies. -- objectivity. neil: he will start his administration trying to repair relations with vladmir putin.
1:33 pm
so he has taken diametrically 180 from this president and even vladmir putin has not responding in kind to kicking out u.s. diplomats from russia after this president kicked out 35 from russia but is donald trump risking going too far the other way? cozying up to as even john mccain called the russian leader, a dictator? >> i think donald trump has to recognize that russia does represent a serious security threat to the united states but let me point something out. "the wall street journal" has reported that russia has placed software to undermine the u.s. elect call grid, very serious software we don't understand. you know when that was reported? 2009. china has done it also. the threat from cyber warfare is severe, not just from russia. we need reevaluation of our approach to russia and the threat we have to deal with this threat and also to establish a productive relationship. neil: fred, who is a bigger threat?
1:34 pm
i know russia has always been a perennial threat? every time i talk to donald trump over the years, been a while, for many years it is always china. he has a real beef against china. they rig their currency. they're cyberbullies. they do all sorts of, you know, shenanigans stuff and that's always been his worry, not so much russia. >> i think between china and russia i would make china a bigger threat but i think they're both significant threats. neil: wow. fred, good seeing you again. happy new year, my friend. >> good to be here. neil: former cia analyst extraordinaire. fred fleitz. congress is focused on the affordable care act trying to make it more affordable. we have them moving back and forth with pr problems, whole ethics thing you remember that. no one mentioned tax cut stuff. it is worrying me. that is supposed to be centerpiece to a economic boom. they're either whispering it or
1:35 pm
ignoring it but i'm not hearing it and that has me worried. after this. ♪
1:36 pm
>> i'm hillary vaughn, this is your fox business brief. tesla fails to meet the annual sales goals. the electric car company said it delivered more than 76,000 cars last year, just missing its goal of 80,000 delivers are in 2016. elon musk, says delivery issues with hardware.
1:37 pm
the issue delayed 2700 cars. musk says those delivery's will be added to this year's first quarter tally. tesla could face competition. unveiling its own rival electric luxury suv they claim it goes from zero to 60 in 2.9 seconds, making it faster than the tesla model x. farraday expects to h production in 2018. now back to "cavuto: coast to coast." questions hold you up, because we're here, we're here, and we've got your back. legalzoom. legal help is here.
1:38 pm
1:39 pm
♪ neil: all right. is this just me, or is this weird. this is today, folks, today. left of your screen. barack obama, the outgoing president of the united states, working with democratic leaders to try to preserve and do everything he can to save his signature legislative achievement, the affordable care act, what has become known as obamacare and republicans led by, by president-elect mike pence doing everything they can working with republicans to torpedo the thing. this just about, a little more than two weeks ahead of the inauguration. awkward. but this guy never is. doug wead, presidential historian, extraordinaire. doug, it is wild. you have two, an outgoing president and incoming one at loggerheads over everything from russian policy, kicking
1:40 pm
diplomats out on one part, another guy thinks it is bad idea. ignoring north koreans. making a big deal of north koreans. the health care thing, i don't think i've ever seen anything like it. >> tell you, neil, it is common in history, if you go back far enough. in fact we amended the constitution of the united states, and you know how cumbersome that process is, because these transitions were so problematic. we changed it from four months to two months, so they're inaugurated in january to try to redress that. when fdr was being passed, power from herbert hoover, it was, herbert hoover did not like it. he didn't even show up to give roosevelt the first tour around the white house. he had the secretary of treasury do it. so it is not unprecedented but i will say as someone who loves and reads history, it is very disappointing for me to see barack obama stoop to this level.
1:41 pm
he knows how dangerous these transitions are because he himself criticized bill clinton for his transition, and for what he did, pay for pardon in the last minute, and obama's got a chance to be a nelson mandela, a transcendent figure of history and here he is, captive of his radical base. it's disappointing. neil: you know, the one thing that comes to -- obviously when they're from opposing parties, i can remember, obviously too young to remember the details, eisenhower handing off to kennedy. eisenhower was very leery of the young senator from massachusetts coming in to fill his job, that he might not be up to the task, but there wasn't degree to forcing issues, maybe the bay of pigs, but nothing to the degree that we're seeing now. now you're right, historically, there always been some tension between opposing, presidents of different parties but, this one seems to put enormous burdens on
1:42 pm
the incoming president when, let's say on the russian thing, couldn't he have just, that is barack obama, let them know i think it is a good idea, we punish the russians for this and i think it should involve throwing their diplomats out or something like that because this is something that donald trump will likely reverse. >> yeah. it's, i mean, this is kindergarten geopolitics. you do not take on russia and china simultaneously. you now the democrats have always tended to favor china. in 1996 there was the fbi investigation into money being funneled into democratic national committee from china. so they have always tended to lean towards china recent history but if you're dealing with russia and china, you don't do it simultaneously. who is the most urgent, the most urgent need is china? because they impact our economy. russia doesn't. so trump has to deal with china. he can not take on russia at the
1:43 pm
same time but the democrats seem to be pushing him into that. you're too soft on russia. stand up to russia. trump's doing the right thing, trying to do the right thing but, there's obama, again i go back to herbert hoover. he didn't like it. he tried to convince fdr to cosign a joint statement on how to handle the depression, but fdr was saying, hey, buddy, i won, you didn't win. i will do this my way. neil: i remember when you were covering that first-hand. you were remarkable. it is always good seeing you, doug, doug wead, presidential historian. happy new year my friend. >> thank you. happy new year to you. neil: now to another guy amazing, house freedom caucus chair mark meadows. what this man has survived and battle tales he could tell. i will not repeat them. one thing, mr. chairman, one thing that worries me, out of a lot of your guys, the ethics thing, pr part of that was
1:44 pm
screwed you, you are better judge than i, i know what you're doing on health care but i don't hear a lot of talk about big tax cuts to come. i'm wondering whether you're too busy to do other things or planning other things, because that to me, at least, if you really want to goose the economy, that's a big thing. what do you think? >> it's a critical thing, neil. you're right. so much has been focused on the repeal of obamacare, that we've missed the other thing that is all about jobs, because president-elect trump said jobs, jobs, jobs. as you and i both know, we have to get not only simplified tax code but look attacks consequences on businesses from coast to coast and put people back to work. i can tell you i had a conversation yesterday with chairman brady, about this very subject. and how conservatives are really willing to push the envelope and maybe take the tough votes to make sure we get the economy going again but it is all about stimulating and having that tax
1:45 pm
reform policy, that i think we can work hand-in-glove with the new trump administration to find some common ground very early in the first 100 days on that very subject. neil: here's another thing that worries me, chairman, and maybe, ease my concerns. i think you guys, that is, house freedom caucus, guys like you will have much more trouble with your colleagues, that is republican colleagues in the senate, led by mitch mcconnell, who already said, don't go nuts on this tax cut stuff. i'm paraphrasing but get to the point, everything revenue neutral. and i understand, the concerns about deficits, believe me. talk about them quite a bit, but, is a tame tax cut worth itf it is alleviated and limited tax cut? >> well it's the whole issue of dynamic scoring. really comes to that. neil: i don't think, senator, mitch mcconnell is into dynamic scoring. >> and he's not.
1:46 pm
so what we must do, is we must take the conservative solutions here in the house, appeal to the american people and show how it is going to affect them at the dining room table at night, and know that when we reduce those taxes, it is not only going to increase wages but we're going to start to see the kind of economic growth that you and i know that we need, but also the things that make some of the other decisions easier. if we take a tough vote on tax reform. we'll be pushing the senate to really push the novel there, as conservatives, and you will hear more about that in the next 30 days but it really is about making sure that they are at least willing to take the vote, instead of stopping it before it actually gets to be debated. and i think that we're going to see it. i know that there is real growing momentum here in the house to actually do something very bold, and i for one, as you know, i'm a business guy. i have never found that the
1:47 pm
federal government actually made me more prosperous by increasing my taxes. it was just the opposite of that. and so it's time that we get to it. i think markets will respond favorably to what they see ultimately coming out. neil: yeah, they will respond negatively if you don't. >> you're right. neil: congressman, thanks for coming. good seeing you. >> good to see you, neil, thanks. neil: all right. a lot of these celebrities are back at it again, not only protesting the upcoming inauguration of donald trump, but now they have got another strategy. they can not move on. joe piscopo says, you know what? it is time to move on. >> we demand that you block nominees who threaten the rights of. ♪
1:48 pm
approaching medicare eligibility? you may think you can put off checking out your
1:49 pm
medicare options until you're sixty-five, but now is a good time to get the ball rolling. keep in mind, medicare only covers about eighty percent of part b medical costs. the rest is up to you. that's where aarp medicare supplement insurance plans insured by unitedhealthcare insurance company come in. like all standardized medicare supplement insurance plans, they could help pay some of what medicare doesn't, saving you in out-of-pocket medical costs. you've learned that taking informed steps along the way really makes a difference later. that's what it means to go long™. call now and request this free decision guide. it's full of information on medicare and the range of aarp medicare supplement plans to choose from based on your needs and budget. all plans like these let you choose any doctor or hospital that accepts medicare patients, and there are no network restrictions.
1:50 pm
unitedhealthcare insurance company has over thirty years experience and the commitment to roll along with you, keeping you on course. so call now and discover how an aarp medicare supplement plan could go long™ for you. these are the only medicare supplement insurance plans endorsed by aarp, an organization serving the needs of people 50 and over for generations. plus, nine out of ten plan members surveyed say they would recommend their plan to a friend. remember, medicare doesn't cover everything. the rest is up to you. call now, request your free decision guide and start gathering the information you need to help you keep rolling with confidence. go long™. ♪ ♪ >> we expect you to have our backs.
1:51 pm
>> to protect our civil liberties. >> to use your congressional powers -- >> to obstruct -- >> obstruct. >> obstruct -- >> defeat anything. >> -- >> anything. >> anything -- >> that violates our core values as diverse americans. >> signed the majority. >> the majority. >> the majority. >> the majority. >> the majority of the american people. neil: maybe the majority of hollywood. celebrities are calling on congress to fight tooth and nail anything president-elect trump does. there is progress here though. they have given up trying to fight the fact he will be inaugurated president of the united states in two weeks. what they have moved on to, making his life an unending hell once he is. joe piscopo is urging them to just take a chill pill and much more. joseph, very good to see you. >> happy new year. neil: to you as well. >> did you eat the cannolis? neil: all of them. >> how good were those cannolis? neil: you don't eat this stuff. >> i got a place. i know a guy. neil: you know a guy. >> when i said -- neil: you walk in --
1:52 pm
>> when i said neil cavuto -- they had uber guy run these things over. uber guy shows up, for cavuto. i was on the road. they got there before i did. it was bobby. he sits down. neil: oh, bobby! >> [laughter] neil: what do you make of this, thank you, by the way. >> you're welcome. neil: what do you make of this? one progress i see here is that, all right, we can't stop this inauguration from happening, so we'll stop him every -- >> you know, i watched the video and i have respect, some of these -- neil: big stars. >> they're very talented. just relax. it is like, remember donald trump took the lgbt flag at the rally before it, it was before the, right in the middle of it. he is not homophobic. neil: not at all. >> people of color -- neil: people remember where he works?
1:53 pm
>> exactly, exactly. mr. cavuto, excuse me, helping out the people of color within challenged areas, as dave chappelle astutely said, historically disenfranchised in inner cities. did you hear a democrat talking about that? it was donald trump. neil: same stars, regardless of your point of view going after republicans for obstructing everything that barack obama wanted to do. that you didn't have a problem with this, you do. >> no. it is ridiculous and hurtful. here it is smoothest transition we've seen. like we always talk about, if i didn't know donald 25 years, know peripherally donald trump, not a close, close friend, wasn't invited down to the inauguration yet, neil, just saying -- neil: you can go for your show. press pass. >> radio station. we'll go down in the station wagon. do you know who i am? neil: yeah. neil: actually you could sing at it. he is short on singers. >> i don't know that he is, but sure i could sing.
1:54 pm
neil: what does that matter if he doesn't? >> i know. all he has to do is show up. i ask you this -- all he has to do is show up. in regards to hollywood by the way, relax, everything is okay. this is a guy who is very, i don't want to use the word liberal but very, very marginal. he is not severe in his thinking. it will be okay. but back to the point of entertaining do you remember one act from any of the past innagurals except mr. sinatra at ronald reagan's? neil: used to be know acts. i covered lincoln's. there were no acts. on this, we're learning -- >> you got fired. neil: donald trump, jack very evancho album sales skyrocketed after inauguration announcement. some people don't understand the movement. bottom line, why should he care? >> right. neil: it would be more attention getter if he did have a lot of entertainers there because that is just not him. >> i said it before.
1:55 pm
on twitter, he is great. get the people. neil: you're speaking with the voice so deep. >> get the people up there. people from -- neil: what would you sing, you can't do comedy at inauguration. >> got to be "my way." you don't think donald trump walks out, and melania is there, he has got the red tie, no the tuxedo, comes out and all of sudden i break into, ♪ now, the beginning is here, as -- neil: you do have a great voice ♪ so i state -- telling you it would be, the opening curtain. neil: we never had a comic at a inauguration. >> my friends -- neil: oh, my god. well, i did it, didn't i.ng. >> don't get me started because i can't stop. ♪ fly me to the moon, let me swing among the -- neil: there is guy should be singing. >> everybody relax. neil: best known name in new jersey.
1:56 pm
>> put hate aside. neil: chris christie who. joe piscopo. you are the walrus. >> [speaking italian] neil: scoot, you. we have a lot more after this, mr. president-elect. wherever you are. >> ♪ and now -- i'm sorry.
1:57 pm
1:58 pm
. . .
1:59 pm
neil: moments away from hearing from the vice president elect mike pence, the meeting and the agenda to get things going forrepublicans once they take control of all branches of government. congress is already in session. president-elect trump takes office two weeks from friday. here to take you through the next hour, ashley webster and trish regan. ashley: appreciate that. we are waiting for the federal reserve to release meetings from the december meeting. i'm ashley webster in for trish
2:00 pm
regan. wall street watching closely, looking for ways of any inside of what the central bank thinks about the health of the u.s. economy heading into the new year. what do they make of all of that? they raised interest for the second time in a decade. let's go to peter barnes. peter: donald trump's election was to raise rates in december and to raise two to three. quote, almost all of the participants indicate that had the upside risks to economic growth had increased as a result of prospects for more expansionary fiscal policies in coming years. about half of the participants incorporated an assumption of more expansion in fiscal policy in their forecast. in fact, quote, many participants judge that had the risk of a sizable undershooting

39 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on